Tuesday, September 17, 2013

tutorial:
bottle cap stamps



Since a big part of what I do revolves around the idea of recycling, 
I wanted to come up with a creative way to repurpose plastic bottle caps.
So I came up with bottle cap stamps.

To make stamps out of bottle caps, you will need:
a nice collection of bottle caps and a pack of peel and stick craft foam.


For this project, you will need four sheets.


Peel, stick and stack the foam sheets one on top of the other.


Cut small shapes....simple shapes work best.
Cut circles, squares, and triangles.....and also use the left-over foam 
scraps in your design.


Peel the paper backing and adhere it to the bottle cap.



This is my collection... create your own.


You can use these stamps on paper, but I enjoy using these to stamp on fabrics.
You can use a store bought ink pad or a homemade paint pad.


Create your own custom paper and fabrics with your own collection of 
bottle cap stamps.
Enjoy!

For more creative ideas and projects,
check out my online class called 101 Mixed Media Techniques

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Love this, Alma! The patterns you created with your collection are so cool! I love that there is variation with each print within the monochromatic scheme. <3

frankie955 said...

What a great idea Alma. I can't wait to try this!

Le petit monde de Louison said...

Great idea!! I want to try!! Thank you for sharing^^